Sunday, July 15, 2012

Glogging with Scratch

What fun I had creating my Scratch glog on Glogster! This graphical poster creating website allowed me to create an interactive multimedia image to convey information on Scratch in a way I never thought possible. By integrating videos, images, and sounds in a scrapbook like page format, I was able to make an informative online poster that is truly interactive.

After creating the Scratch glog and truly experiencing the Glogster options, I like to think of a glog as a digital version of creating an educational poster on oaktag, as I did when I was in primary and secondary school. This updated "digital oaktag" allowed me to be much more creative, as Glogster offered a variety of layouts, graphics, and add-ins without being limiting. I could arrange the objects exactly where I wanted them, choose colors and textures to suit my fancy, and I could include images and videos outside of Glogster, truly letting my expression flow. I also never imagined being able to put a video on an oaktag poster. Glogs allow you to open up your imagination and convey information in a creative, meaningful way aligned with 21st century learning goals.

Now that I have created a glog as a student, I am anxious to use it as a teacher. I could definitely see my students using Glogster to create interactive graphical posters illustrating what they have learned on a topic. It could be easily used as a culminating activity for a project, or as a work-in-progress diary log. I know that with a little creativity, Glogster will open up a whole new world of learning for my students and me.

You can view my Scratch glog here:
http://www.glogster.com/ct210aoddo/ct210aoddo/g-6ldbro32q0v9l0p4gt0ila0

Here is a screen shot of me choosing between the different video players offered on Glogster:


No comments:

Post a Comment